Saturday, February 24, 2007

A glimpse of my story...

Well apparently I'm a lil' late, but I'll make it worthwhile :)
For as long as i can remember, I knew I had a hidden secret, a whisper in my ear...I just didn't know what it was. I was a curious kid, always wanting to indulge myself in something new, thinking of being an astronaut at 8, a writer at 9, being one of the first few architects to build a city underwater at 10, a singer at 11 (even though I know I'm not singing material :P), a pianist at 12, president at 13 (one could always dream :P), a dentist all the way from years 14-17.

Medicine was ALWAYS in the back of mind though, deeply engraved by my father's words of encouragement, calling me "Dr (my name :P) ever since I was practically 2 years old (Allah yi7fatho wou yijzi kul il 5air) and I was blessed with my mom's constant support in ALL of my dreams (Allah yi5allilee hiyya b9i7a wou salama).
The POINT is, I always wanted to GIVE...give SOMETHING...ANYTHING to make a difference...to be an inspiration for many after me, to my kids and family, to my beloved country. To SHOW the world what a real muslim Saudi woman is capable of accomplishing (and mashallah 3ala the women in our society these days, they are truly making a breakthrough)...In a few years though, WE'LL be the ones making a breakthrough and will EXPLODE with mastery inshallah, and look back on our long long journey and say: "Achievement is where I am standing now, tomorrow what I will constantly be trying to fulfill, and yesterday what I have conquered" - 24th Feb 07 Perky Doc 10.13 pm :P
(i JUST made it up! lol, see what inspiration you guys bestow upon me? ;) )

So back to HOW i chose med in the end even though I've been wanting Dentistry for the past few years...I believe EVERYTHING happens for a reason (I would've named THIS article by that if Savvy Doc hadn't already done so ;p)

I applied for Dentistry after school as my first choice...I got accepted to Medicine though, you know why? because the difference between the score I got and the score required for Dentistry was 0.1!!!! come ON! 0.1?? That DIDN'T make sense at ALL to me at the time....but with time, I remembered that everything happens for a reason...look what I would've missed out on if I'd persued dentistry as a career (even though I still find Orthodontix fascinating hehe).

But what I'm
trying to say is that NO power on this earth is equivilant to the power of Faith.
Something as tiny as "0.1" changed my whole career and whole life, and I thank God everyday for the choices he has fascilitated and will fascilitate inshallah for us each and every second of our lives, for the mere reason that THIS is what has already been chosen for YOU! So keep it up Docs of the future! ;)

Love, Perky Doc.

9 comments:

A Triumphant Pursuit said...

totally...Fate(8adar) has an unbeleivable way of working!

A Triumphant Pursuit said...

Sub7an Allah.. The strange thing is that each one of us came from completely different backgrounds, schools, WORLDS (well, more or less).. yet here we are, all following the same path.. i mean who would've thought!? lol life never ceases to amaze me.. SUB7AN ALLAH!

ps: don't forget to sign your comments gals

Savvy.

A Triumphant Pursuit said...

Awww perky *almost said your name too ;P*
0.1 a number
you will never forget and
i will never thank enough for bringing us together!!
*no "awwww"s am juss being honest ;)*

God Help us all in Med inshallah
Vin Doc.

A Triumphant Pursuit said...

An astronaut! where??! that was jus soo funny i had to comment! other than that, very inspiring! also knowing that u were the one who God send 2 me to change my mind and end up with u in medicine (i was planning 2 move 2 dent). Al7mdelela.
sporty Doc.

A Triumphant Pursuit said...

Savvy Doc, yeah it's so overwhelming how each has a different story to tell yet HERE we are...interconnected...heading on the same pathway. (which kind of reminds me of LOST...!) hahaa.
Sub7an allah indeed!

Perky Doc.

A Triumphant Pursuit said...

Vin Doc, you're right about me never forgetting it! I learned to appreciate much more in these past 2 years...when I count my blessings, I count you guys twice!

Sporty Doc, aawww!
Medicine would've never been the same without you! I simply couldn't let you go ;) :P
And yes, an astronaut! :P WHERE? the OCEAN...so much for that "medicine talk"........:S haha jk :*

Keep smiling Docs, And always count your blessings twice,
Perky Doc.

eshda3wa said...

everything does happen for a reason
i wanted med, but im doing dentistry, our destiny switched!

i want a series about dentists
i want a carious fighting mcsteamy!

last_ache said...

awwwwwwwww, everything happens for a reason INDEED!!!
i believe signs that guid eu to ur destiny are always infront of u, but we sometimes break the wrong codes, but at the end .. we reach it! but only if we had the guts to fight, and the will to adapt! i always believed in u as a dentist (yes i knew who u r) but now i cant imagine you other than a Doc.. and i'm certain that u'll be an ammazing one! u, and ur friends (most of them :P) have the sparkle of ,aking this world a better place! u all have the ambition and excitment in your tone! although SURPRISINGLY none of u wanted medicine or blved would've ended in medicine!!!!!! :P bas wallah as u said everything happens for a reason! :x bext luck to u all :> :>

A Triumphant Pursuit said...

omg that's SUCH a cute way of looking at it Eshda3wa! "we switched destinies!" :D it's for the best though ;)

and last ache! ur always such a sweetheart mashallah! You always supported me throughout good times and bad times, I cherish our friendship like no other Allah yi5aleena li ba3d nshallah. :) (there's just so much ppl don't get that we only get :P)*hug*

What you said is very true, ONLY if u had the will to adapt and the power to fight will u reach ur ultimate satisfaction. After all, what's written is written, so u might as well ENJOY it :)

Perky Doc.