Friday, March 2, 2007

The "Thing."

The thing is, this is harder than I thought it would be. This whole blog thing, it's not easy. It's not the writing that I find difficult; that part isn't really a problem considering how writing is one of my favorite pastimes (unfortunately there aren't many creative writing opportunities in med school.) So yeah, I can write when I'm in the mood (il7amdillah- I consider it a blessing), and I do write whenever I'm inspired or need to get something out of my system. And I love words. I love putting words together. I love the way they sound in your head when you're reading something or listening to yourself think. I love the eloquence and flow of all that is beautifully written. But this blog writing, it's a first for me, and for some reason I'm reluctant to open up to the world (literally- the WORLD wide web!) I'm beginning to think it's not my thing, but I'm not willing to give up before I've barely taken off. You're probably all wondering why I'm making it an issue, because, (assuming that the majority of those reading this are bloggers themselves) you probably didn't and/or wouldn't give this a second thought. Most of you probably created your blogs because you want to share your story with the world. But with me, it's different. To me, writing is about pouring your heart out on paper, and making it all sound so perfect that when you reread what you wrote, no matter how sad or frustrating or horrific the issue, you can't help but dwell in the power and meaningfulness of the words. I'm not into fictional writing for the mere reason that I don't feel I have a vivid enough imagination to thrive there. So when I write, I write what's on my mind, I share my thoughts, I express my feelings, I unfold my inner self. That's what's making this so difficult- I don't like to (or to put it bluntly- I CAN'T) open up to anyone and everyone, yet at the same time I do want to share my words with the world, if it's willing to listen of course. Give me some time. I'll figure something out.
Savvy Doc.

6 comments:

A Triumphant Pursuit said...

"Writing is a private thing.It's boring to watch,and its pleasures tend to be most intense for the person who's actually doing the writing." Audrey Niffenegger

Savvy,don't miss all the intensity, healing and self seeking rewards of writing,and
remember the world is out "there" but it's you that matter in "HERE"!!

oh and No more riddles!!

..Vintage Doc

A Triumphant Pursuit said...

I love that :)
You can now see why she is our spiritual guidw :P
iDOC

A Triumphant Pursuit said...

V- don't worry inshallah i won't be missing out on the joys of writing lol, i just need to decide how open i'm willing to be.. i need to overcome my "thing".. the thing that's making me reluctant to become an open book (more or less at least..it's a good thing this blog's anonymous:p)..and you guys may think i'm exaggerating or wtv.. but look at this through the eyes of someone with "opening up" issues.. i've said enough.

Savvy.

Aeval said...

Most blogs are anonymous, so you do not have to worry about your identity being discovered. You will get used to it eventually, but for now just keep trying. With time you will definitely get used to it. Good Luck Savvy :)

Bassem said...

Well, most bloggers start their blogs anonymously in order for them to exrpess and share views that may not be able to in real life because of consequences or whatever reason..

A blog is simply an online diary.. it could be your own thoughts or anything you want.. it's jsut that others read it too..
of course here your friends know about it and know who you are that's why the expereience is kinda different and you might feel restricted a little

many bloggers have felt the same way as you at some point or another so don't worry about it.. after some time you'll get it figured out

and you don't have to open up if you don't know.. u could write the most trivial thing you want or the deepest inner secret of your soul that's the beauty of it !

for now just kick back and enjoy this thing ;)

A Triumphant Pursuit said...

lol you guys make it sound like i'm hiding something.. it's really not like that.. it's just the whole idea of opening up to strangers that's scaring me.. but it's all good i almost have it figured out inshallah.. thanks alot for the insight!

Savvy.