Saturday, September 1, 2007

Homecoming. (Pun intended)

Vintage, i gotta hand it to you this time.. THANK you for reviving our blog from that unexpected summer hibernation.. Where would we be without our Vintage? ;p.. Oh and to answer your question- Life's all about perspective my dear. ;)

Moving on.. My summer was great. I mean really amazing, consisting of a sequence of very very interesting experiences. I perfected my map-reading skills :p, adapted to getting soaked in the rain, got a glimpse of a dark side of history, and realized how fond I am of great art and architecture. All this in two of Europe's grandest countries. It was great, but I can't deny I'm glad to be home.

Before this turns into a diary entry, let me remind you of what we're heading towards. A new year of university is just around the corner, and I can't really tell you how I feel about that because I'm not so sure myself. I mean, the excitement of completing another year *inshaaallah* is definitely there, and then there's the whole "looking forward to it all" feeling, and then the bad, exhausting, and/or simply terrible experiences replay in your mind and it's like you just don't want to remember any of it anymore. But nonetheless, I'm sure that this year's going to be different than the last in many ways. iDoc's presence will surely be missed by us all . We wish you the BEST wherever life takes you, and I'm still expecting you to have my back from a distance ;) .. Also, I think we've grown, I know we've all grown after the ups and downs and flips and turns of the previous years. But it wasn't all that bad, considering how we survived it all (thank you God!), right? And if I have a "plan" for this year, it's to experience it to the full, with a vitally positive attitude inshallah. (My plan B is to approach the year without a plan, because sometimes spontaneity is the best plan- I think I might settle for plan C though, which incorporates both A & B.)

So, my fellow multi-colored colleagues, and loyal readers, I will not bore you with my ramblings but let me leave you with a final thought.. As a new year lies ahead of us, we have a chance to make something out of it. What will you make of it and of yourself?

ps. I never got a chance to thank you all for a wonderful year, so consider this my humble show of appreciation. I hope to God that we manage to stick together until the end, and forgive me if ever did you wrong (stalkerishly reminding you to check and add to the blog doesn't count though :P). I missed you all and I missed this place! (Didn't you all??) :)

Savvy Doc.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think we are all grateful for Vintage :P!

I am glad you had a good summer, I missed you so much!

You're back is protected...though I am not sure how i'll be able to do it with out actually being there...so i'll need daily updates, yes i will bore you all with my request, but i am all the way over here and i need the gossip...so yellah prepare yourselves!

Always remember that if ever you need, ANY OF YOU, a person to just talk to, need to let anything off your backs , just need someone to help you out, I'll always be here, a phone call (or a key board) away!

x x x

Souma said...

My Darlings,
did i tell you that i think of you all as heaven sent? thank you all for making last year bearable, i was hanging by a thread.

hope ur all well! see u in college insha'allah!

P.S. idoc, miss u loads...

Bassem said...

If I'm jealous of one thing i'd be jealous of your ability to read maps because God knows that i still can't!

I had a good summer ;) i wish i did more of what i planned on doing but other than that, italy was the best end for a great year al7amdillah

you're going to 3rd year now if i'm not mistaken yeah? well have fun :P and STUDY WELL... i still regret to this day that i got a C that year but i had special circumstances

enjoy para and micro and the rest of the gang :P don't worry it's not as bad as they make it seemt o be


kust keep a good balance and you'll be just fine
<--- msawy kaber wo yen9a7 wo madry eh

anyhow, all the best for you and for me too!