Sunday, October 21, 2007

Follow the Yellow Brick Road

It is a little bit of an interesting change, sharing.

Well technically it isn't all that different, I have always shared a room with my sister, which is something that i miss, waking up to her wonderful racket every morning during holidays (but never during school as it was me who had to wake her up), oh and the endless fights over how untidy the room is...

Thinking of it, it isn't that different now that I am sharing my life with another person... I mean he is practically as messy as my sister so I can't miss that at all. It's a change, a good one, a scary one... summer has been great, I miss my family like hell, I miss my friends like hell, but it has been great a summer of changing everything, a summer I will never forget.

We can never expect thing to be “Happy go lucky”. I expected things to be a breeze, yes i will miss my life in Jeddah, but it's the other stuff, a bit of a cleche, but a true one, it's the little things that count. I am blessed, my life was full of little things and still is, little things that I should constantly thank God for. I do, I must, after all I am blessed.

The last few months have been hectic, my bodies times have quit on me, my body has quit on me, I no longer understand night and day, hungry or thirsty, it'll take me a while to be able to differentiate. But it is this transition thats making me fully appreciate the changes that I decided to make in my life. Life is good to you, even when it doesn't seem that way.

First day at university, different. I had the false expectation that I was going to see my friends after a long (very long) summer holiday. But as I said, false expectation. I wanted to isolate myself, don't get me wrong, I don't want to be felt sorry for, I don't have anything against anyone, I just wanted my social circle to involve anyone who can help me catch up, give me papers and tell me exam dates; and as if it was a sign from God, who happened to be the first person I spoke to? The leader.

That's how I wanted to keep it, I suppose you could say I just didn't want to let go, and i suppose thats true. I don't want to cope with new people, I liked my life and I love my friends too much to see me hanging out with anyone else. So I'd start the day in class and when I have a break or a free period I slip away and disappear into the pharmacy building, pull myself away from everything... but there is a point were the existence of this new person will inject curiosity into people, and i had to speak to people. I make it sound so horrendous. I know it isn't, I just didn't want to.

I don't feel like an outcast, if I did it would be my own fault... people are nice and I am glad they exist, maybe I'll just take a chance, grab on tight for the ride... seeing as though I have another few years of this to go... Thank you God for the chances.

iDoc

No comments: