Thursday, November 22, 2007

You've Got a Friend in Me

What a life we have...
We are all blessed to have been accepted in the faculty of our dreams, we have a family filled with people who love us, and we have great friends, but I never thought I'd be able to say this about our life, us... the realistic ones have all of a sudden turned into a SOAP OPERA!!!

It's hard to see people drift apart, knowing that the one reason anything could be going wrong is worthless... to those who know what I am talking about, it may seem harsh, and I am sorry, but I don't believe I am.

Even though we have already cleared this up, I just want to make a point very clear, for everyone and anyone who may come across this entry... Loyalty to one friend does not come at the betrayal of another.

I don't exactly pride myself in my opinions of people, and I'd rather (a million and one times over) not be so judgmental about them. People, don't make the same mistake, life is too short for hatred, don't let it take over you... people are people, they don't change when it's deep on the inside that they are flawed! I'll take myself as an example, I hate it, but my flaw is that I AM too judgmental, I know I am taking the person as they are, raw, unaltered, but it doesn't give me the right to feel disgusted at them, but I do... superficially I don't... but I do!

I know I have said this to at least a couple of you, the people you are with today are the people you are with for 3 and a half years from now. The people you are with today are the people that in 10, 20 years time going to be the people you will attend conferences with, study a specialty with or even work with... don't force them to only remember the bad, make sure that the good exceeds the bad by miles just so that in those 10 or 20 years from now you won't regret the choices that you made!

iDoc

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

iDoc..
for being a friend, for being there, for listening, for everthing, i cannot thank you enough..
and you couldn't have chosen a better time to say all of that.. we can all use a snap back to reality when our soap opera lives become to dramatic..

THANK YOU!

Souma said...

oh sweetheart *hug* i really do wish we can be less judgmental and more accepting, just to leave a good memory behind.

Anonymous said...

I second that. Thanks for the reality check cause some of us desperately needed it obviously.