Sunday, December 9, 2007

I Come in Peace

This was written earlier in October when I was still finding it difficult to find myself in my new university.

Loneliness is a disease. We live in this life seeking the love of our family, seeking the best people to be our friends and we seek our life companions! We seek the absence of loneliness. We are then disappointed when our choices in people betrays us, but no one wants to be lonely, so we let it go. The number of times I didn't let it go are countless, and I believe they are getting back at me now.

But I had friends, I wasn't by any stretch of the imagination lonely, it was easy to just give them up! Now to make friends after being such an easy thing to do, is proving ever so slightly difficult. I've travelled to and lived in so many places before and was always the one people were interested in. I suppose I took that for granted, but I WAS interesting in their point of view (no modesty required), whether I was the "Oooh Saudi Girl and a Yank too!" or the "Aaaaah, you lived in England!" I never thought I'd fall to being the "Eugh... Hijazi girl, a.k.a. the devil"! Stereotypes are our demise.

Then again, we believe that we are people who don't believe in labels, when in actual face we are probably the ones who created them- the words we use to describe people everyday are endless, and we don't stop using them, won't! Which is almost ridiculous isn't it?

Friends are hard to gain and hard to lose and it'll always be that way. Throughout this life we will carry on fighting for the best- we may get it we may not- but at the end of the day don't let go, don't give your self the chance to be lonely, after all the worst feeling of all, is to feel lonely with so many people around you.

iDoc

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Is loneliness a disease? Or is it a safe haven in which we have nothing to lose..?

It's one of the worst feelings in the world, but i think as humans we're too dependent on other people's presence that we don't give our chance to adapt to the reality of being alone.. It's sad and it's scary and it gets you every time..

Btw you're doing a great job adapting ;) don't let anyone get to you..!

Allah LAA yi7rim a7ad min a7baabu ..