Saturday, March 17, 2007

"I Want Candy" (lesson 4)

By the end of this entry I would have mentioned Candy as 4 different things. I like metaphors. *advertisement guy voice* in association with "Human Nature".

I respect human nature so much that when it goes against me I tend to get so disappointed. I suppose when mom used to warn me about people who merely smiled for my friendship, for my trust, I should've listened to her.

I want candy. My favorite is usually sour, but today I'm in the mood for something sweet. Sourness, is in a way like bitterness. How can any one feel like that? I've felt it, I hated it, but can you help it? Everyday people jump at you from different angles throwing random punches. Yes…it hurts, but today I decided not to take it too hard anymore. I learnt, but I learnt the hard way…that despite the innocence of human nature, selfishness, and maybe a little bit of naivety, is still intertwined… I may need to re-define human nature.

I had candy. But in its presence I was a little child (it's true when they equated something easily done to taking candy from a baby, "Easier than taking candy from a baby", because it is easy). My candy, was deep within me (it's only human nature, after all)…my own personal naivety made it that way, it was easy to give it out, I'm sorry, but I can't anymore…in a way it was taken away from, and it was the best candy I ever had. I can forgive, because that's what I do.

What happened to candy? It's a little sad for me right now. If you know me, you'd know of the several difficult encounters I had this last couple of weeks (and some you don't know off) and whenever I think about it, I get even more sad. I block it, but its hard…it's human nature.

People told me from the beginning of the year to make the best of this year, for many reasons, I think the rest of you know what the primary reason is…I tried, I'm still trying, and I have many memories, both happy and sad, to carry with me when I grow up and many friends who have sculptured my life for almost a year now (some of them for more), and in the future I will be so happy telling my children about these years…but I'll make sure I'll tell them that life is like candy…and that's for you, the reader, to take in whatever meaning you want…

iDOC

2 comments:

A Triumphant Pursuit said...

Even the best candy has an expiry date, but you can't help but enjoy it nonetheless. There's a natural urge, a desire for more, accompanied with the feeling of utter disbelief when it's gone. It's candy. It's life. They come and they go. Hand in hand.

Savvy.

A Triumphant Pursuit said...

Four different things!
Allow me to Surmise since
i "love" Candy!!

First metaphoric Candy:
"Sourness, is in a way like bitterness"
Many "people" think it's almost the same!
With "Re-defining" you'll live and learn.You'll also hate Candy's GUTs

Second metaphoric Candy:
Letting go of candy is...
not so easy.
it sticks..
In the End we all need "washing our hands clean"

Third metaphoric Candy:
"What happened to candy?"
seriously, what happened? Nothing is as hurtful as before!!

Fourth:
IDOC you reasoned it out so..
Never Stop till you get your Candy!

,,Vintage
P.S. Mel C's Candy will put an end to this Metaphoric Madness!! ;P