Monday, December 31, 2007

They Say Every End is a New Beginning.

With 2007 coming to an end, I can't help but reflect on the past year and what it brought and took away. It makes you think, I mean really think, about this ever-changing world, and how time passes too quickly. Looking back causes you to be grateful for all the good things in life that bring a smile to your face, and for all the “bad” that shaped you into who you are. Looking back gives you a chance to contemplate whether or not you are the person you have always dreamed of becoming. Looking back helps you look ahead.

Many people celebrate this new beginning, and most make resolutions that they hope to fulfill within the next 12 months. With us “Triumphant Pursuers”, our current long-term goals are numerous, many are shared amongst us, and most cannot be fulfilled in just a year. But between our yearly resolutions, the variety is overwhelming..

There are those who aim for constructive accomplishments: “Stop complaining and put more efforts into my studies, religion, and family obligations”, “Stick to my plans”, “Attend more classes”, and "Be more involved." To them, I must say I admire your determination. The more we put into life, the more we will get out of it.

There are those seeking a deeper existence, each in their own unique way: “This year I will find myself”, or “Create myself instead of finding it”, and “Be born again and share the excitement of life with everyone.” To them, I say do not hesitate. Life is all about having a purpose, about discovery, about being.

Then there are those beginning a journey of reinvigoration: “Revive the person I used to be”, and “Restore my energy”. Them? I respect their outlook. Progress can only be achieved if we have the courage to look back and gain or regain whatever it is that we lack.

As for myself, I could only sum it up in one well-known but highly underestimated quote: “Be the change you wish to see in the world.”* It says it all. And I leave it to you to reach its full scope.

As cliché as this may sound, with 2007 coming to an end and 2008 waiting to make its debut, allow me to wish you all the best of luck wherever life takes you. Fear not the winding paths, enjoy the occasional bump in the road, and be sure to learn something every step of the way. Overcome that which holds you back, and find the good in everything. “Take pride in how far you have come. Have faith in how far you can go.”** They say every end is a new beginning.. I couldn't agree more.
Happy 1429 / 2008!

Savvy Doc.
*Mahatma Gandhi
**Anonymous

2 comments:

Souma said...

"The ending is just a beginner"

Black Sabbath.
Rock on!

Anonymous said...

14 hours an 16min into the new year!

Have a fabulous one... Its scary how the last year just flew by, I remember exactly what I was doing this time last year to the simplest detail... and almost all that came along afterwards pulls out certain memories and emotions...

New years resolutions... I never really make them but this year (by savvy demand :P) I did and I will try my best to stick to it, it's an easy one I suppose... but how will we ever know... See you here same time next year?