Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Today's lesson: Confidence.

Here is the fact, my first basketball game in the tournament is next week and I stress out whenever I remember this fact. I know that its nothing of great importance to many, but its a big thing to me cuz whenever i perform so0o well in a game and hear all those comments and cheering from other team members I feel like, like they've injected a dose of confidence into my circulation and my heart beats faster, it's like am in this euphoria phase, and to be honest this sensation is addictive. However, in this particular moment I lack this confidence in myself in my performing abilities "due to psychological and physical factors", which is not helping!!! But today in uni something happened, that inspired me. Here's what happened...

Me and 2 of my blogger friends were walking out of the dissection class and out of nowhere a 165 cm "this is an estimate" female approaches me, she asked me a question " she was looking for this girl" that I never even heared saying cuz I was too distracted by "you can call it a costume" she was wearing. She was wearing a long black skirt and a pink shirt "now this sound normal but this is not the end" and had two rod-shaped metallic pieces each terminated with a yellow spongy ball that were sticking out of her head and many things as in objects "dangling" from her hair and clothes, you can tell that i lost my sense of description!!! >>>>"alzebda">she looked like a freak!! Nevertheless she was walking full of confidence from top to bottom across the uni where everyone was staring at her including my 2 blogger friends with an open mouth, and she noticed that but pretended like nothing is happening!!! Despite how freaky and weird she looked like, I respected this girl for her confidence cuz it requires alot of it to do this!!

Summary: Basically have confidence in yourself!!!!

Notice: no animals nor humans were harmed during this event!

sporty Doc.

7 comments:

A Triumphant Pursuit said...

Yeah...I saw the girl!
I admire the way you loked at her, because I'm pretty sure everyone reacted the same way I did *laugh my head off* because it is rare that we ever see the best in people anymore

And basketball...don't worry babe you'll be fabulous! :D

iDOC

A Triumphant Pursuit said...

loool that was hilarious.. the THINGS YOU SEE in uni!! i swear it teaches you soo much.. and when you actually take the time to learn from your surroundings rather than criticize them it's REALLY overwhelming.. (and im not speaking on an academic level :p)

Savvy.

A Triumphant Pursuit said...

I didn't seeeeee!!! :( I was too busy "dissecting" :P
Surpringly sporty, animals were mentioned BEFORE humans in ur notice...new medical motto? and "DANGLING" LOL..so much memories.

Nicely written btw. :) You'll kick 'gluteus maximus' next tue sweetie, i'm sure of it ;)

Perky.

last_ache said...

"the THINGS YOU SEE in uni!! i swear it teaches you soo much.. and when you actually take the time to learn from your surroundings rather than criticize them it's REALLY overwhelming.."
that's EXACTLY what i wanted to say!!! in uni, since i started, last year.. i've seen all types of images! these images u knew existed, but never thought u'd actually witness... some dress in a very strange way, and u start critisizing them in the back of your head! and once you actually talk to them! feeli like you're a piece of crap! it's a shame sometimes that we always judge people of how they look!
i think there's another lesson to this sporty, "never judge people"

A Triumphant Pursuit said...

Lol i never actually got to the part where i started learning from my surroundings, im still stuck at the criticism phase. Im sorry i just cant help it. I mean really in uni all you see are fashion crisises you'd think i'd get used to it by now. I've seen everything from bondage chicks to people that must've been color blind when they chose their outfits cause of zero color, pattern, everything coordination. But nope. It's a good thing i wasnt there cause i would've been too shocked for words maybe even passed out. Should've been one of E! 101 most sensational crimes of fashion if you ask me.

Hold on i think im missing the whole point of the post. Yeah sporty you dont need a bee to give you a boost of confidence. Like idoc said you'll be fabulous hun. We'll even be there cheering for you literally lol. Dont you worry about a thing!

Glam

A Triumphant Pursuit said...

LOOOL a day to remember!!
Loved your sense of description Sporty..
Confidence!!!
It's every where ,if only we can "steal" it..
I agree with
Sav
"learn from your surroundings
rather than criticize them it's REALLY overwhelming"
Last Ache
"never judge people"
Glam
"E! 101 most sensational crimes of fashion"
IDOC
well uhh sure
"don't worry babe"
But still i'd like to add a small thing a simple request,if people comprehend the difference between:

Mockery & Criticism!!

Things would've been alot different,specially in this society;
Air would be a lot HEALTHIER!!

.VENTage

A Triumphant Pursuit said...

LOOOOL perk
"You'll kick 'gluteus maximus' next tue sweetie, i'm sure of it"
You Go Sport!

.VeNTage